FAMILIES CARING FOR FAMILIES.
NEIGHBORS CARING FOR NEIGHBORS.
Together, We’re Creating the Next Generation of Care.
Beebe Healthcare is thoughtfully investing in expanding our presence in Sussex County—making excellent, innovative, and accessible care a reality for our friends, families, and neighbors for future generations.
WHY WE’RE EXPANDING
Projected to outpace national average by more than 2X over the next 5 years
Expected to increase by 31.7% through FY22
Expected to increase by 62.8% through FY24
Surpassed 40,000 ED visits in 2017
WHERE THE NEXT GENERATION OF CARE MEETS OUR COMMUNITIES
1. Lewes: Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus
- Improvement of patients’ and visitors’ experiences by expanding and remodeling the West Lobby entrance, adding parking and remodeling patient rooms.
- Includes a dedicated Heart and Vascular Center of Excellence, with the construction of a Hybrid Operating Room, a third Cardiac Catheterization/ Electrophysiology Lab, and addition of new surgical staff.
- Supported by a $10 million gift from the Ma-Ran Foundation—the largest gift ever received by Beebe.
2. Rehoboth Beach: Specialty Surgical Hospital
- A new hub for outpatient and specialty surgical services off of Route 24, accommodating both shorter-term inpatients and outpatients.
- Future home of Beebe’s newly created and state-of-the-art Center for Robotic Surgery.
- Future home of labor and delivery for women and newborn babies.
3. Millville: Beebe Health Campus – South Coastal
- A new health campus featuring a freestanding emergency department with 24 emergency/triage bays and on-site imaging.
- Also home to a state-of-the-art second location for Beebe Healthcare’s renowned cancer program, offering cancer treatments (medical oncology, chemotherapy, and radiation oncology) closer to home.
- Expands upon existing diagnostic imaging, physical rehabilitation, laboratory, and walk-in care services already offered in the area.
In addition, Beebe is planning to create a freestanding Emergency Department in Georgetown to serve the central and western Sussex County communities.
PEOPLE CARING FOR PEOPLE
Meet the Leaders Creating the Next Generation of Care
Beebe Healthcare is an institution woven into the fabric of a culturally diverse and demographically inclusive population—one that has always looked out for its own. It is with this fact in mind that our leadership and a team of talented design and engineering experts have come together to champion mindful investments in expert clinical staff, innovative technology, and accessible infrastructure to benefit the growing communities we serve.
Beebe Healthcare Board of Directors
David A. Herbert, Chairman; Terry A. Megee, Vice Chair; Jeffrey M. Fried (Beebe President 1995-2019); Paul T. Cowan, Jr., DO, Treasurer; Gregory A. Bahtiarian, DO; James W. Bartle; Wilson C. Choy, MD; R. Michael Clemmer; Frank Czerwinski; Andrew W. Dahlke, MD; Stephen M. Fanto, MD; Mouhanad Freih, MD; R. Christian Hudson; The Honorable William Swain Lee; Janet B. McCarty; Michael A. Meoli; Paul C. Peet, MD; Wesley E. Perkins; Anis K. Saliba, MD; Eric C. Sugrue; Christopher J. Weeks; Michael L. Wilgus; Jacquelyn O. Wilson, Ed.D.
Emeritus Members: Joseph R. Hudson, Chairman Emeritus
Beebe Healthcare Executive Team
Jeffrey M. Fried (Beebe President 1995-2019); Judy Aliquo, President & CEO, Beebe Medical Foundation; Bobby Gulab, MD, MBA, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Beebe Medical Group; Catherine C. Halen, Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer; Jeffrey E. Hawtof, MD, FAAFP, Vice President, Chief Medical Operations and Informatics Officer; Marcy Jack, Esq., JD, BSN, CPHRM, Vice President, Chief Quality and Safety Officer; Bruce Leshine, Esq., Vice President, Chief Legal Officer; Mark Loukides, Vice President, Facilities and Environment of Care; Michael J. Maksymow, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Vice President, Chief Information Officer; Paul J. Pernice, CPA, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer; Steven D. Rhone, RN, MS, NE-BC, FABC, Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer; Richard A. Schaffner, Jr., RN, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer; Alex A. Sydnor, Vice President, Chief External Affairs Officer; and Kurt Wehberg, MD, Vice President, Clinical Innovation.
Beebe Medical Foundation Board of Directors
Christian Hudson, Chairman; Charles Burton, Vice Chair; Paul Pernice, CPA, Treasurer; Cindy L. Szabo, Esq., Secretary; Jack N. Berberian; Jennifer Carroll; Benedette Cooper, Chair, Board of Ambassadors; Jeffrey M. Fried (Beebe President 1995-2019); David A. Herbert, Beebe Medical Center, Inc., Board of Directors Chair; Lyndie Hertrich; The Honorable Gerald W. Hocker; Lynn Kokjohn; The Honorable William Swain Lee; Janet B. McCarty; Keith Parsell; Ann Raskauskas; Scott W. Royal; Khalil Saliba; Paul G. Townsend; and Mindi M. Tunnell.
Emeritus Members: The Honorable Theodore W. Becker; Joseph R. Hudson; Robert Moore; Paul H. Mylander, Chairman Emeritus
Integrated Design Team
- Construction Manager: Whiting-Turner
- Architect: Wilmot Sanz
- Mechanical Engineer: Leach Wallace
- Civil Engineer: Becker Morgan Group
- Project Manager: Hammes Company